[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
ACT NO.15 OF 1988
An Act further to amend the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1980
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Administrative Tribunals
Act, 1980 (VII of 1981),
for the purpose mentioned below;
It is enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Administrative
(Amendment) Act, 1988.
(2) It shall be considered to have come into force on the 5th Baishakh, 1395/ 18th April, 1988.
2. Insertion of the new section 10A into Act VII of 1981.- The following
new section shall be
inserted after section 10 of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1980 (VII of 1981), hereinafter
referred to as the said Act, namely:-
"10A. Contempt of Tribunals.- (1) The Administrative Appellate Tribunal shall have power to
punish for contempts of its authority or that of any Administrative Tribunal, as if it were the HIgh
Court Division of the Supreme Court.
(2) No appeal shall lie from any decision of the Administrative Appellate TRibunal under
sub-section (1), but the Tribunal may review any such decision.".
3. Amendment of the Schedule of the Act VII of 1981.- In serial number
1 of the Schedule of
the said Act, the comma and words ",Janata Bank and Rupali Bank" shall be substituted by the
words "and Janata Bank".
4. Withdrawing of pending cases, etc.- (1) If at the date of commencement
of this Act a case
is pending before the Administrative Tribunal concerning the service of any employee of the
Pupali Bank, the Tribunal shall give notice to the applicant specifying the period for withdrawal of
the application on the basis of which the case has been filed.
(2) The applicant may, in respect of the subject of the case mentioned in the withdrawn
application, file a new case at any competent court.
(3) Notwithstanding anything said in other laws, the time from the date of presenting the petition in
the Tribunal up to the date of withdrawing the petition shall be subtracted in the case of time
calculation for raising a new suit:
Provided that if the petition is withdrawn after the date mentioned
in the notice, the time after that
date shall not be subtracted.
5. Repeal and savings.- (1) The Administrative Tribunals (Amendment)
(Ordinance No.20, 1988) is herewith repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding this repeal, any action performed or proceedings taken under the said Act as
amended by the repealed Ordinance shall be deemed to have been performed or taken under the
said Act as amended by this Act.