New Delhi, 5 October,1971
The Government of the Republic of India.
The Government of the Federal Republic of Germany,
DESIRING to promote the friendly relations existing between the two States,
CONSIDERING their common interest in promoting co-operation in the field of the peaceful uses of atomic energy and space research,
RECOGNIZING the benefits to be derived by both states form such co-operation.
HAVE agreed as follows:
(1) The Contracting Parties shall promote co-operation between the two States in the field of the peaceful uses of atomic energy
and space research.
(2) Substance, scope and implementation of the co-operation shall in each individual case be the subject of special arrangements to
be concluded between the competent ministries of the Contracting Parties or such agencies as are designated by the Contracting
Parties or their competent ministries.
(1) Co-Operation may include:
(a) the exchange of information regarding the peaceful uses of atomic energy and space research;
(b) the exchange of scientists and other research personnel;
(c) the execution of joint or co-ordinated research or development tasks.
(2) The Contracting parties shall facilitate such Co-operation to the best of their abilities in providing materials and
(3) The special arrangements to be concluded under paragraph 2 of Article 1 of the present Agreement shall determine who shall be
entitled to the results from joint research and development.
Payment of the costs arising form the exchange of scientists and other research personnel as well as the costs of co-operation in
the execution of joint or co-ordinated research and development tasks shall be provided for in the special arrangements to be concluded
under paragraph 2 of Articles 1 above.
In order to promote the implementation of the present Agreement and of the special arrangements to be concluded
In accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of this Agreement, representatives of the Contracting Parties shall meet
As and where required to inform each other of the progress reached in activities of common interest, and to consult each other about
measures that may be required . Groups of experts may be appointed to discuss individual questions.
(1) The exchange of information may take place either between the Contracting parties directly or between the agencies designated
by them, especially research institutes, specialized documentation centers and libraries.
(2) The Contracting Parties or the agencies designated by them may transmit the information obtained to public institutions or to
such non-profit institutions or corporations as are supported by public authorities. The Contracting Parties or the agencies designated
by them in the special arrangement to be conclude in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of the present. Agreement may limit
or preclude such transmittal . The transmittal of information to other agencies or persons shall be precluded or limited, if the
other Contracting Party or the agencies designated by it so decide before or at the time of the exchange.
(2) Each Contracting Party shall ensure that the recipients entitled to receive information under the present Agreement or under
the special arrangements to be concluded for its implementation do not transmit such information to agencies or person not authorised
under the present agreement or the special arrangement to be concluded in accordance with paragraph 2 of 1 of this Agreement to
receive such information.