New Delhi, 23 September 1974
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & FAMILY PLANNING
Mrs. SERLA GREWAL,
September 23, 1974
I have received your letter of the l9th September, 1974 reading as follows :
“With reference to the Development Co-operation Agreement dated lOth June, 1973, between the Government of Sweden and the Government
of India, and to paragraph 6 of the Agreed Minutes of Discussions on Development Co-operation between Sweden and India 1973, I have
the honour to propose the following :
1. The Swedish International Development Authority (SIDA) will make available to the Department of Family Planning 640 tons of offset
paper at a calculated C&F value of about three million Swedish Kr. (SKr. 3,00,000) to be used within the Indian Family Planning
2. The C & F price of the offset paper paid by SIDA shall be charged to the amount made available by the Government of Sweden
to the Government of India in accordance with Article 1 (iii) of the Development Co-operation Agreement 1973.
3. The Ministry of Health and Family Planning shall be competent to represent the Government of India in the implementation of this
4. The Agreement on terms and procedures governing the provision of resources for Technical Assistance purposes by the Government
of Sweden to the Government of India dated 11 November, 1972 shall apply to this letter.
5. If the foregoing is acceptable to you I would suggest that this letter and your written confirmation to that effect shall consititute
an Agreement between the Government of India and the Government of Sweden regarding the provision of offset paper for the India Family
Accept, Madam, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
I confirm that the proposal contained in your above quoted letter is acceptable to the Government of India. I agree that your letter
together with this reply shall constitute an Agreement between our two Governments regarding provision of offset paper for the Indian
Family Planning Programme.
Please accept, dear Mr. Holmquist, the renewed assurance of my highest consideration.
Mr. BENGET HOLMQUIST,
Charge d’Affaires a.i.
Royal Swedish Embassy,