Faculty of Law
[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- (New Zealand) Environment Risk Management Authority [Search]
The Authority is a quasi-judicial body established to implement the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (HSNO) Act. Includes documentation of decisions.
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) [Search]
Administers New Zealand's accident compensation scheme, which provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand.
- Advertising Standards Authority Inc [Search]
Homepage including a searchable database of Advertising Standards Complaints Board Decisions from 2000.
- Airways Corporation of New Zealand Ltd (ANSP) [Search]
Homepage of New Zealand State-owned Enterprise (SOE) operating as a commercial business providing air traffic control, surveillance, communication, flight inspection, mapping and airspace design services.
- Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand (ALAC) [Search]
Promotes moderation in the use of alcohol and to develop and promote strategies that will reduce alcohol related problems. Includes a searchable database of Liquor Licensing Authority (LLA) decisions
- Antarctica New Zealand [Search]
- Business Migration Branch [Search]
A New Zealand Government site designed to help people who want to migrate to New Zealand to set up a business or to invest
- Commerce Commission of New Zealand [Search]
Official website of the Commission, including full text (pdf) of decisions from 1997.
- Crown Law Office [Search]
Provides legal advice and representation to the New Zealand Government in matters affecting the Crown
- Department of Conservation - Te Papa Atawhai [Search]
- Department of Corrections [Search]
Contains news and publications, policy and research papers, information about the Corrections Law Reform project and links to key correctional legislation and standards
- Department of Internal Affairs [Search]
- Directory of Official Information [Search]
The Directory has individual entries for Government departments, Crown entities, State-owned enterprises and other organisations which, at the date of publication, are subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
- Employment Relations Service [Search]
Contains basic information on workplace laws, including rights and obligations of employers and employees under the Employment Relations Act 2000 (on Department of Labour)
- Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority - EECA [Search]
- Financial Intelligence Unit [Search]
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand [Search]
Protects the health and safety of the people in Australia and New Zealand by maintaining a safe food supply
- Gambling Commission [Search]
Official website of the statutory body established to license and regulate casinos in New Zealand
- Governor-General of New Zealand [Search]
- Health and Disability Commissioner [Search]
Homepage including legislation, casenotes and decisions.
- Health Research Council of New Zealand [Search]
- Human Rights Commission [Search]
Information on the Commission's structure and function; full text of Human Rights Act 1993; full text of selected case notes from the Commission and the Complaints Review Tribunal.
- Inland Revenue - Te Tari Taak [Search]
Official website of the Inland Revenue Department
- Land Information New Zealand
Collects and maintains certain property, land and sea information in the NZ and Ross Sea regions
- Land Transport Safety Authority (LTSA) [Search]
- Legal Services Agency [Search]
A government funded agency responsible for administering legal aid, including policies, publications (pdf files) and decision database.
- Local Government Online [Search]
Addresses and websites of local councils and authorities and resource management information
- Maritime Safety Authority of New Zealand [Search]
Crown entity promoting maritime safety and maritime environment protection.
- Ministry for the Environment - Manatu Mo Te Taiao [Search]
Official site of the Ministry.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) [Search]
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs [Search]
Gives advice to the Government on matters that affect consumers when they buy goods and services
- Ministry of Education [Search]
- Ministry of Fisheries [Search]
Official site of the Ministry of Fisheries of New Zealand. Contains customary fishing regulations
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade [Search]
- Ministry of Health [Search]
- Ministry of Housing [Search]
- Ministry of Justice [Search]
Overview of the Ministry which administers the majority of courts and tribunals in New Zealand.
- Ministry of Social Development [Search]
Official website of Ministry which provides social policy advice and social services
- Ministry of Youth Development [Search]
- National Library of New Zealand [Search]
- New Zealand - Ministry of Economic Development [Search]
Facilitates, leads and implements the coalition government vision for economic development
- New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID) [Search]
Official website of New Zealand's agency responsible for international assistance to developing countries
- New Zealand Customs Service [Search]
- New Zealand Government [Search]
Official website of the New Zealand Government
- New Zealand Government (Archive) [Search]
Web site of the NZ governments from 1993 - 1999. Contains full text of cabinet press releases, cabinet speeches, and biographies of the Prime Minister and other Cabinet members.
- New Zealand Government E-Commerce Information [Search]
Provides information on government e-commerce policy and initiatives, including the E-Commerce Strategy, the Electronic Transactions Act and regional broadband initiatives
- New Zealand Government Online [Search]
- New Zealand Immigration Service [Search]
- New Zealand Official Yearbook [Search]
Digital version of official Government statistics since 1893 (on Statistics New Zealand)
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) [Search]
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise [Search]
Official website of New Zealand's Economic and Trade Development Agency
- New Zealand Treasury [Search]
Advises the Government on economic and financial policy, including fiscal policy, and to manage the Crown's finances
- New Zealand's Health and Safety Net [Search]
Homepage of the Occupational Safety and Health Service of the Department of Labour, including legislation and summaries of decisions (on Department of Labour)
- Office of the Ombudsmen - Nga Kaitiaki Mana Tangata [Search]
Official website of the Ombudsman as an independent officer of Parliament, including history, role description, procedures and links to legislation.
- Pharmaceutical Management Agency (PHARMAC) [Search]
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand [Search]
- Securities Commission of New Zealand [Search]
Official website of the Commission established under the Securities Act 1978
- State Services Commission - Te Komihana O Nga Tari Kawanatanga [Search]
- Statistics New Zealand - Te Tari Tatau [Search]
- Te Puni Kokiri - Ministry of Maori Development [Search]
Government's principal adviser on the Crown's relationship with iwi, hapu and Maori, and on key Government policies as they affect Maori
- Tourism New Zealand [Search]
- Trans Tasman [Search]
Newsletter with weekly updates on government, parliament and legislation issues and events which includes both free information as well as a subscriber-only resources area
- Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) [Search]
Homepage of New Zealand Government body which investigates significant aviation, rail and marine accidents and incidents.
- www.govt.nz [Search]
Portal of the New Zealand government online